Cannabinol or CBN is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis Sativa plant. Due to heat, light, or air exposure, CBN or Cannabinol forms when THC starts to degrade.; it can also be produced synthetically. If you were to get some of your old, dry cannabis tested to see how much THC is in it, you would find an abundance of CBN, which, despite coming from THC, does not carry any psychoactive or intoxicating effects.
CBN Tinctures Q&A
What is CBN?
What is CBN Oil?
CBN oil takes raw CBN isolate and dilutes it into a carrier oil or fat. Manufacturers of CBN oils can use many different carrier oils to make CBN tinctures, but most companies, including Injoy Extracts, use MCT oil or fractionated coconut oil.
Fractionated coconut oil is a fraction of coconut oil where the long-chain fatty acids are separated from the oil for different uses. In contrast, unfractionated coconut oil refers to the whole coconut oil, which contains various fatty acids that can be separated for specific uses.
What is CBN Good For?
- CBN oil might be able to relieve pain. A 2019 study trusted Source found that CBN reduced pain in rats. It concluded that CBN oil might be able to soothe pain in people with fibromyalgia.
- CBN oil might be able to stimulate the appetite. Stimulating appetite is essential in people who may have lost their appetite due to cancer or HIV. One rodent study trusted Source showed that CBN made rats eat more food for a more extended period.
- CBN oil could be neuroprotective. One study trusted Source, dating back to 2005, found that CBN oil delayed the onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in rats.
- CBN oil might have antibacterial properties. A study conducted in 2008Trusted Source looked at how CBN oil affects the MRSA bacteria, which causes staph infections. The study found that CBN oil could kill off these bacteria, which are usually resistant to many antibiotics.
- CBN oil could reduce inflammation. Many cannabinoids have been linked to anti-inflammatory properties, including CBN oil. A rodent study from 2016 found that CBN oil reduced the inflammation associated with arthritis in rats.